Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive.
Red River Theatres opened its doors October 19, 2007, after a 7-year community effort and a $1.8 million capital campaign. The 3-screen, state-of-the-art theater was designed and built by Sheerr McCrystal Palson Architects of New London. It is recognized as a beautiful and intimate space, unrivaled in the region for its aesthetic appeal.
Founding volunteers named the organization after “Red River,” a classic, 1948 Western starring John Wayne, in which the lead characters undertake an epic, nearly impossible, but ultimately successful, journey. The name seemed suitable to the challenge the community faced in creating an arthouse cinema from scratch in the state capital.
In 2013, with the support of the community and a grant from CDFA, Red River Theatres converted our 35 mm projectors to 2010 Christie Projectors with Dolby Digital Surround Sound.